All accommodations, including the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort has been feverishly working on implementing protocols and social distancing practices approved by the World Health Organization (W.H.O.) and the Department of Public Health (D.V.G).
At the Amsterdam Manor, it is important to highlight that social distancing practices have been part of its norm since its initiation 30 years ago. Some examples are:
- The terraces and balconies: Each room located on the ground floor has its own private terrace whereas each room on the upper floors have their own private balcony. All are equipped with colorful beach chaise lounges and chairs.
- The fully equipped kitchens: Ordering food delivery and pick-ups have become quite popular however having a fully equipped kitchen can help with last minute cravings and with your budget.
- The space: There is ample space on property providing everyone enough room for their own indulgence, from the rooms and suites to the beach palapas that have a six feet difference between each other on pristine Eagle Beach.
In addition to these existing norms, protocols have been implemented to both properties enhancing the daily standard operating procedures. Management and all employees are continuously trained to meet these. Here are some of them:
- Temperature checks: All employees, visitors and third parties are subject to temperature and health checks upon entering the resorts.
- Personal hygiene protection: Hand sanitizers are available throughout the resorts for both employees and guests. In addition, employees are provided protective gears such as gloves and masks. Hand sanitizers and wipes are provided in all guestrooms upon arrival.
- No cash transactions throughout the resorts including at Front-Desks, Mini-Market, restaurants and bars.
- Check-in procedure: Advanced online check-in is a requirement. If any additional information is still needed, this will be obtained via telephone and/or email.
- Check-out procedure: Check-outs are done through telephone calls with the final bills being sent via email.
- Signages and stickers: Physical social distancing protocols are indicated through signages and stickers throughout the resorts (lobby, Mini-Market, restaurants, bars, employee -, pool and beach areas.
- Room and suite setups: Elimination of turndown service, In-Room Directories, magazines, writing pads and pens.
- Menus: food and beverage menus are available through one-time-use paper menus and virtual by usage of QR Codes.
Indeed, the new “normal” is for the betterment of all and it will never be able to take away the warmth and kind nature of the Aruban people.