We Work to Be the Most Eco-Friendly Hotel in Aruba
From Cleaning up Beaches to Helping Turtles
By choosing to stay at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, you are helping our planet. We are doing everything possible to minimize the environmental footprint of your travels. We pride ourselves on being one of the most eco-friendly hotels in Aruba, and we appreciate your help in our commitment to giving back to our paradise.
Monthly Beach Clean-Up
Every fourth Wednesday, we organize a beach clean-up where everyone is welcome to participate. To join, simply register at our front desk on Tuesday before the clean-up day. We need all the help we can to keep Eagle Beach the special oasis it is known as all over the world.
Have a Drink for the Environment
Purchase a cocktail at the Horizons Bar in our Keep Cup. This mason jar helps reduce plastic waste on the beach area which can be harmful to wildlife, while helping you relax while doing your part.
Eco-Friendly Beach Resort
At the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort, we constantly find ways to innovate eco-friendly developments. Some of our main efforts include:
- Saving water by using Aerators and Dual Flush Systems
- Saving energy by using Solar Heaters and insulation doors and windows
- Minimizing emissions and waste generation of regular and hazardous materials involved in our operations
- Protecting and minimizing our impact on the air quality
- Decreasing solid waste generation and, where possible, increasing re-use and recycling practices
- Properly managing our waste water resources to minimize our impact on the environment
- Encouraging and enhancing environmental awareness among our guests, staff, and the local community
- Participating with NGO’s (Non-Government Organizations) in conservation programs to protect local species and their habitat
- Every year, sea turtles lay their eggs on Eagle Beach. To protect them from harm, we have our staff ensure that there is no human interference